Tuesday, September 23, 2008

American Nightmare

I watched this film a few years ago on the Independent Film Channel. It was called American Nightmare. I really loved it and later it helped me pass a history course I was taking in college. I based a paper around it. It covers many of the great horror films of the late 60s into the 70s and merges them with the real political, social tensions and fears of that time. I thought it was brilliant and showed insight into the horror genre beyond simple gore and shock value. Anyway I found the whole thing loaded up on you tube, and wanted to post it here. Even if you do not like horror films like I do (especially from this time period) you may find it interesting. A clip is posted below and here is a link (click here) where you can access all the parts. However, I should warn that there is very disturbing imagery shown in old news footage. So don't bother if you are easily offended but such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home